Monday 6 May 2013

OUGD 401 - END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION


BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN                                                      LEVEL 04
Module Code         OUGH401
Module Title            Context of Practice 1

END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME:                       Jasper Lee

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

Through this module I have learned a lot. During this module we have had a number of sessions on the contextual history of graphic design as well as lectures on other disciplines such as photography, street art and film. This has given me a broader insight into the wider creative world, which has strongly informed my design work in this module and others.

What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

The main methods of production that have changed due to this module is, in essence, the whole thing. This module has given a wide contextual basis that has fundamentally changed the way I design. Prior to this module and this course I designed by eye and by what I thought looked good. Now I design with influences and styles with some of what I think looks good.

What strengths can you identify in your work and how/will you capitalize on these?

 I think my greatest strength on the module and in general across this course are my understanding of context, understanding of graphic design and specifically my written work. This module has enhanced all of this and influenced the way I now write. I will capitalize on these by continuing to analyse and discuss my work and the work of others in depth.

What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

My weakness, again, I would say has been my time keeping. Although I am never late for a session, my blogging has a tendency to be left behind until that last minute, meaning I have a bulk of work to do which could be broken down in to more manageable amounts.

Identify things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

I will blog more regularly so that the work is still fresh in my mind, meaning that I will always have a fixed reference point.
I want to improve my organization in terms of organizing print slots and external printing so that I can produce higher quality work and present my work in a more professional manner.

How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’)

5= excellent, 4= very good, 3= good, 2= average, 1=poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance




X
Punctuality




X
Motivation


X


Commitment


X


Quantity of work produced


X


Quality of work produced


X


Contribution to the group



X

The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self-evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment