Thursday 5 February 2015

COP 03 : Practical : Concept_

I had previously thought of a concept for a brief that I wanted to produce, however, as I thought it fitted with my extended essay I decided to use it for the COP 03 practical. 

The idea is a small publication that looks into the concept of style over fashion. In comparison to the essay this will be a lot less formal and will be written in a more journalistic manner. 

The publication will contain a articles written by me as well as other articles written but others with their opinions on style over fashion.

The publication will also contain a self-exploration into my style as a way of exploring some of the theories and ideas I have been looking at. 

There will also a selection of images and quotes in an attempt to break up, what could be quite a text heavy publication.


The reason I believe that the practical reflects the research I have undertaken and what I have written for my extended essay as the publication focuses on two main topics looked at in the essay. Fashion is one of three key elements to the essay as well as style and graphic design. Style is something that we do to style our lives, hence creating a lifestyle. The creation of a lifestyle is focused on in the final chapter of my essay. Fashion is looked out throughout so I though that producing a piece of graphic design to look into the differences and opinions of style over fashion was very relevant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment